REPOST : Re: upgrades never work

Amol Karnik amol at memcad.com
Fri Dec 4 23:17:30 GMT 1998

hi all,

didnt receive a single reply to this. This is really important to me...i
have a few machine out on my network , (NT,98 and 95) which log on to my
samba domain. How can i ever upgrade, without having to redo every
machine every time?

- amol

Amol Karnik wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i'm sure i'm doing something totally wrong here.
>
> i always get the latest cvs version after any major changes to the code,
> and compile it, and install it. Whenver i do this, all the NT
> workstations which used to be able to join my samba domain, are now
> unable to join it when they reboot, saying that the machines dont have
> an account. I then have to delete their entry from smbpasswd, get the
> machines into standalone (not part of a domain). then add the machine to
> the smbpasswd file using smbpasswd -a -m machinename. then change the
> workstations to log on to the samba domain, then reboot.
>
> is there any other way of doing this? every time the change the smbd and
> nmbd daemons, i have to do this all over again, for all wkstations!
>
> regards, and thanks in advance.
>
> - amol

Amol Karnik
Senior Development Engineer    amol at memcad.com
Microcosm Technologies, Inc.   (617) 225-0094 x248
215 First St., Suite #2D       (617) 621-7838 FAX
Cambridge MA, 02142            http://www.memcad.com