usrmgr.exe does not work with SAMBA as domain member

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Fri Dec 4 16:14:28 GMT 1998

The last CVS from today, usrmgr.exe, select domain, \\samba ->

either I get "SAMBA is part of domain DOMAIN - setting focus to DOMAIN" or
"device attached to system not functioning"

Looking at code - currently samba always reports srv_type as domain
controller :)) Changed to report either controller or member depending on
lp_server_role() Now constantly get "device not functioning" ... Looking
through log, the last action seems to be the request for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions,
ProductType. SAMBA returns "LanmanNT" - on my NT4 WS it is set to "WinNT".
Tried to set it to "WinNT" as well - and now get the "LAN Manager error
3276800" occured :-) It does not even get as far as requesting user info ...

/andrej