Beta 2 on HPUX and other problems ...

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wed Dec 2 21:57:39 GMT 1998

Ken Stone wrote:

> On HPUX 10.20, with the beta2 bits, PRINTCAP_NAME never gets defined so
> the compile bombs with ...

> Looks like it just got dropped somewhere.

Fixed in the current 2.0 code stream. Will be fixed in 2.0Beta3.

> and then try and edit the file on the Win95 client ... you get the right
> version, ie, the one modified on the UNIX side ?
>
> This is driving us nuts ...

This *has* to be oplocks. Turn off oplocks on that
share and the problem should go away.

Note that IRIX has added a kernel fix for this oplock
problem with 2.0 running on IRIX 6.5.2f and above -
opens from UNIX clients or via nfs will break Samba oplocks.

The interface is an fcntl one and is supported by
Samba. Let me know if the HPUX kernel team are interested
in supporting it in a future HPUX release.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.