RPC Server not available...

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sat Aug 29 13:26:17 GMT 1998

John Burton wrote:

> Jerry,
>    Thanks for the response...the FAQ I found said it only worked for a
> small number of accounts...I have 3 entries in the ../private/smbpasswd
> file, 1 user and 2 machines...figured this would be a small enough
> number...is this too many?

Nope.  You're right John.  Under the BRANCH_NTDOM tree, this
would work for a small number of accounts.  Apparently source
for this did not make it into the merge yet ( along with the
DCE/RPC code in smbclient.

So the official answer is that it does not work for the moment.
Luke, feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :-)

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )