SAMBA & domain

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Aug 19 21:33:49 GMT 1998

Ryan Koski wrote:

> Hmmm...  I haven't tried it yet, but what do you suppose will
> happen if a user with one of the NT Dummy accounts accesses a
> SAMBA server with a "homes" section?

Good point.  Maybe the same thign if everybody in the entire world
flushed their toilets at the same time.... :)

In reality if you need to serve home directories then define the path to
be something like...

	[homes]
		path = /home/%U

or if neccessary

	[homes]
		path =%H

and set the appropriate field in /etc/passwd

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )