Profiles: Need help

Cemal AKYEL akyel at man.metu.edu.tr
Wed Aug 19 15:18:55 GMT 1998

Hi. I think i really need some help. A login attempt from an NT WS 4.0
(sp3)  client to a SMB PDC crashes the client. When I take a look at the log
file (obtained by -d 4) it seems that the client recieves the profile (that
are common for all the users) entries (including the *ntuser.man*). After
the crash I reboot the client and check the %SystemRoot%\Profiles directory.
Except the ntuser.man, the other directories were copied from the PDC.
However the permissions of the related files were like
<MY-DOMAIN-NAME>\Unknown Account --- Full Control. The directory name under
the %SystemRoot%\Profiles was correct however (being my login username) The
cvs version that i use 2.0.0-prealpha that i updated on Aug 19.  Anybody
came across with such a problem? Thanks.

The below lines are excerpted from the smb.conf file.

[global]
   logon path = \\%L\Profiles\Common
[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service