Samba NT Domain - NT login crash

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Fri Aug 14 09:15:57 GMT 1998

Hello,

I'm testing the latest CVS I have (980810). I'm very confused because I
can log at first time __if and only if__ the netlogon and profile
directories are empty; the second time the logon becomes in a pretty
blue screen. After the first logon, the profile is created by the WS,
and the NTuser.DAT too, but the follows logons becomes in a crash.

If I make a copy of the policy and/or profiles, smb.conf, smbpasswd,
etc. that runs in an other PDC (980722) in the new PDC, the logon also
crashes.

Between this summer and the sunday I going to test carefully the
problem, but is very odd. The problem is similar with the 4.2.  Does the
RedHat 5.1 solve the problem?
Some one obtains similar results?

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    +48 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  +48 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/