SAMBA-NTDOM digest 149

Craig Kelley ink at inconnu.isu.edu
Thu Apr 30 16:53:27 GMT 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 Jeremy Allison wrote:

> net use * \\<SAMBA_SERVER_NAME>\<share_name> /user:<YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME>\<username> *

After issuing this command, NT comes back with:

 -------

D:\>net use * \\inconnu\cdrom /user:rxnet\ink *
Type the password for \\inconnu\cdrom:
System error 86 has occurred.

The specified network password is not correct.

 -------

The samba log complains that it couldn't logon to the PDC as the guest
user:

 -------

cli_net_sam_logon: NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user guest in domain  to
Domain controller DURBY. Error was NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD.

 --------

Am I missing something about setting up a guest account on our PDC?