Initial info on Samba?

Daniel Fonseca daniel at med.up.pt
Thu Apr 30 14:08:15 GMT 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Chance W. Eppinette wrote:

> I kindof gather that SAMBA can do this, but I would really appreciate
> any backup of this.  Also if anyone out there is doing this or something
> similar, could you feel us in on any hurdles we need to be looking for?

Yes. All that and more can be made with Samba. Regarding Netscape's
personalized settings, all you have to is configure it to pick up it's
profile (Netscape Communicator 4) from each user's home mapping drive
(mine is the H:\Netscape directory). That way Netscape can be fooled to
use only one profile which is different for every user, since every Home
drive is connected upon logon.

You have much more work waiting for some tidbits, but it's all a matter of
pulling back your sleeves and digging in the mud. Check the archives of
this list for some more general info:
http://samba.anu.edu.au/listproc/samba-ntdom

Hope to help,

Daniel Fonseca