User Manager for Domains

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Wed Apr 29 10:23:32 GMT 1998

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, David Bannon wrote:

> At 06:02 29/04/1998 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, David Bannon wrote:
> >

> >> Am I right in saying that usermgr.exe is working, at least readonly ?
> >
> >remote access server.  no idea.  what does RAS do? ...
> Dial in access over a modem.
>

> No, sorry, did not make myself clear. I need to use usrmgr.exe to tell the
> nt server to allow these users access to ras.

then that implies that you are using an nt server to add nt workstation
users to an nt domain, does it not?  which means that samba is not
involved in any way.

if you are using usrmgr.exe on an nt domain to add samba domain users,
then this is not possible as this requires a trust relationship to be
established between the nt domain and the samba domain, which has not been
investigated.

luke