User Manager for Domains

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Wed Apr 29 06:02:41 GMT 1998

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, David Bannon wrote:

> Am I right in saying that usermgr.exe is working, at least readonly ?

sort-of :-)

> (mine is not !)
>
> I can do a 'net users /domain' and see everyone but User Manager for
> Domains tells me that
>
> 'Unable to browse the selected domain because : "The tag is invalid" '
>
> Is there a trick to getting this going ? And if its going, will the
> readonly facilities allow me to authorise (samba) domain users to use the
> RAS services on the NT server ?

remote access server.  no idea.  what does RAS do?  can you (or anyone
else) send me a packet trace of what happens with RAS server / client
interaction?

whether we display information in USRMGR.EXE or not will have absolutely
nothing to do with the functionality that will be provided.

lukes