Unsatisfy with the mailing list

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 29 00:30:05 GMT 1998

>      Regardless of how great samba is, the mailing list is SUCK *~?#!!
>
>      I tried, tried and tried (like a dozen times) to unsubscribe from this
>      mailing list and still receiving messages.

Was it really that hard to follow the instructions given in the URL
shown in the header of every message sent to this list?

>      I saw one person even beg for it, I think the administrator needs to
>      look into this problem.

If people can't be bothered to read the initial sign-on message, and
can't be bothered to read the X-URL header and can't be bothered to
try http://samba.anu.edu.au to see the instructions there then how am
I supposed to help them??? Do I send personal faxes to each person in
case they might want to unsubscribe??

Certainly you don't expect me to monitor the mail logs for misspelled
or misdirected requests? Currently the mail logs on samba are 2GB
after a month. Maybe I should forward them to you.

Andrew