domain admin syntax?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Fri Apr 24 21:19:34 GMT 1998

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998, Chris Bray wrote:

> I've been wanting to use the usrmgr.exe app to change my name from
> <Full Name> to something a tad more descriptive, and was wondering
> what the proper syntax for that command is?  (I've been reading
> the list archives, faqs, etc and haven't stumbled across this bit
> of info).

time to look at code or net monitor traces then, chris :-)

ok, we support the NetrServerGetInfo call (lib/rpc/server/srv_srvsvc.c)
but do not support NetrServerSetInfo call.

this is mainly because it would require some means to write back to
smb.conf, which is not supported in samba yet.  ah, i must write a message
about this.

> And while I'm asking, what's the syntax for "domain groups" and
> "domain guest"?
>
> This is the conf line I've used:
>
>    domain admin users = cbray

that's correct.

> I login to a workstation in the domain as cbray, and when I try and
> change info on a user, I get this error:
>
> "The system call level is not correct."

we haven't implemented any "changing" code yet - it's all read-only.  as
per my post a couple of minutes ago, you should be able to view
(read-only) the accounts of an unlimited number of users.

> Everything else works great...roaming profiles, logins, encrypted password, etc...
> Great work guys!

cheers :-)