Status of our 1.9.19-prealpha Installation

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Apr 23 21:07:57 GMT 1998

> #@boserup:/usr/LOCAL/samba/lib>cat smb.conf
> [global]
> ; The following deal with roaming profiles. Currently configured to
> ;   them to utility\username as drive Z:.
>         logon drive = z:

Not a good idea.  The Netlogon share is normally mounted as Z: during
startup.  This could cause you problems later.

>         logon home = \\blake\%U
>         logon path = \\blake\%U\.ntprofile

For reasons that have been stated before on this and the main samba
list, you don't want to put the profile anywhere in \\server\%U\...
Make a separate share instead something like \\server\profile\%U

The [homes] share is treated differently than all other shares.

These suggestions are **not** directly related to your problem I think.
Just observations.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )