Machine Account is Inaccessible (1.9.19-prealpha)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Wed Apr 22 13:06:16 GMT 1998

> I'm consistently getting "The machine account does not exist or is
> inaccessible" errors when trying to join the domain.  There is a machine
> password line in ~samba/private; it's for KITAGAWA$ (the client's name is
> kitagawa), password kitagawa, and it's in /etc/passwd as well.

ok, did you set the ACB info to [W]?  (jeremy, this is the new format,
isn't it?)

i notice that a SMBsessionsetupX by KITAGAWA$ is _accepted_.  this could
only happen if there was a mistake or something.  can you send *just* the
kitagawa$ private/smbpasswd line, and your smb.conf file?  remember to
change the ip addresses to x.x.x.x and y.y.y.y etc!