possibly fixed dce/rpc long headers in smbd, BRANCH_NTDOM.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Sun Apr 19 21:43:05 GMT 1998

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Dana Canfield wrote:

> OK, this has me a bit confused now.  When you say that this is fixed in
> BRANCH_NTDOM, do you
> mean that we need to actually get the BRANCH_NTDOM again from CVS, or were you
> just referring
> to the latest CVS version of Samba?

latest cvs version of samba, the latest BRANCH_NTDOM cvs version of samba,
not the latest main-branch cvs version of samba.

>  My understanding was that the
> BRANCH_NTDOM CVS tree
> was dead and that future work would be occurring in the main branch, but
> although people have
> said most of the NTDOM functionality had been ported to the main branch, there
> really has been no
> official announcement to say "Hey everyone, stop using BRANCH NT_DOM!!"

ok, the story is that until _both_ smbclient and smbd are moved over to
the main branch, i am reluctant to work on smbclient (in BRANCH_NTDOM) and
smbd (in the main branch).

therefore, i am still working in BRANCH_NTDOM - for about another two
days.

i just decided to add all the BRANCH_NTDOM smbclient code in such a way
that it can be compiled completely separately from the current (legacy)
smbclient code, pending proper testing / review.

the reason i have had to do this is because BRANCH_NTDOM smbclient has
dce/rpc code in it; the main branch smbclient does not, and cannot be made
to do so.

luke