pam_ntdom 0.21

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Fri Apr 17 15:42:32 GMT 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> There are no specific recommendations.  It is just hoped that modules
> will support it.
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam_modules-4.html

ta.  ah, this mentions syslog.  ok, that's fine: the DEBUG(level,(printf
arguments)) macro can be redirected to do this.

> What you suggest seems like a reasonable extension to me, although an
> alternative might be to use other keywords, warn/debug/verbose...?

the reason i mention it [a numerical value] is because it would fit in
well with samba's existing logging system.  "debug level = 1/2/3-200" is
the equivalent of warn, debug, verbose-extremely verbose".