Group Memberships & ACL permissions?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Thu Apr 16 14:57:56 GMT 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Dana Canfield wrote:

> Sorry to bug everyone again.  Things are really starting to work well around
> here, but I have one more question.

you're not bugging anyone: you're asking the right questions.

>  Could someone tell me what NT groups you
> are a member of when validated by a Samba PDC.  I seem to have all sorts of
> problems when I try modifying the read/write permissions on the NT Workstation,
> even using Microsoft's own recommendations.  My only guess right now is that
> users validated over the PDC aren't getting to be members of the standard
> "users" group (though "everyone" doesn't seem to be working right, either).

ok, i have added a _temporary_ set of parameters

domain admin users =
domain guest users =
domain groups =

actually, the last one is a lie: it's local alias groups, and takes text
parameters or RID group numbers.  there are prior postings on this one.

> Also, if anyone has a good, general list of how permissions should be set on the
> directories to make a realtively secure, Samba-authenticated NT 4.0
> installation, I would be most appreciative.

at the moment, absolutely no idea.  don't forget that we haven't added any
code that maps between unix and NT groups, yet...

luke