Samba PDC trashes NT PDC?

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Apr 16 13:40:06 GMT 1998

Greg Dickie wrote:

>   I grabbed a cvs copy of NTDOM and set up a PDC a couple of days ago.
> Seems to work great except for profiles but I'll figure that out. The

There has recently been a long thread on profiles on the list.  Don't
know if you caught it or not.  Check the archives at

	http://samba.anu.edu.au/listproc/samba-ntdom

> only problem is that our IS guys PDC (on another domain) seemed to get
> screwed up right around the time I was tweaking the samba PDC. They
> finally rebooted their machine but it consequently would not even boot
> (%$##%$# NT!). My question is "Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?"
>
>   I don't know about any kind of restrictions on the number of PDCs (in
> different domains) on a subnet. Could it be some master browser
> conflict? Can NT be so badly done that something I do on the network
> can actually screw up the machin enough that a reboot can't fix it? Or
> is it just a coincidence?

I'm thinking this was just a coincidence but without some sort of pakcet
dump between the two, this is just a hunch ;^)

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )