Security = user workaround

Simon Richard Hall simon at atlantis.impulse.org
Tue Apr 14 20:18:43 GMT 1998

Hi,

There is a fairly limited, and kludgy solution for this which may work for
certain small networks. If you've got a linux box somewhere on your network
 you can install Mars ( free Netware 3.11 emulator ), which requires IPX,
and use your Netware domain for user level authentication. Yeah, I know it's
a real pain but it does work, and one or two of you might think it's worth
the effort. I used to use mars for file sharing, but since 1.9.18ish samba's
made huge improvements in speed and if it wasn't for the user-level control
"problem" I'd ditch mars now.

Hope this helps someone,

Simon Hall.

--
     Simon R. Hall is, amongst other identities, simonh at impulse.org
       "Sometimes I wake up grumpy.. other times I let her sleep."