Possible bug!?

Nuno Loureiro nuno at lwp.ualg.pt
Wed Apr 15 13:53:14 GMT 1998

On 15-Apr-98 Gerald W. Carter wrote this and I have to respond:

->  Nuno Loureiro wrote:
-> >
-> > Hi..
-> >
-> > About one mail I sent a week or 2 ago that was unreadable for some
-> > users, talking about a new option to smbstatus to control login times
-> > (smbstatus -t : patch at http://lwp.ualg.pt/~nuno/status.dif) that
-> > didn't work very well because of a samba or nt bug, I found something.
-> >
-> > The patch is based on homedir share, that I mount at every
-> > login time.It seems that after some minutes, or hours, with a lot of
-> > activity or not (I don't know),samba closes the share due to some
-> > internal error (see below). For more info read that 'unreadable'
-> > message I posted at
-> >    http://samba.anu.edu.au/listproc/samba-ntdom/0338.html.
-> >
-> > Samba version I'm using is samba cvs main branch from April 4.
-> >
->
->  Nuno,
->
->  What OS are you running on and what compiler did you use?

Slackware Linux 3.4, gcc 2.7.2.3..

I'm gonna try Christopher's suggection.

-----
Nuno Andre Henriques Loureiro
http://lwp.ualg.pt/~nuno
PGP FingerPrint: 85 B2 B7 DA 28 C0 D9 BC  E8 4D DC 23 8E 2B 72 B4
Finger nuno at lwp.ualg.pt for more info