Profiles & Policies

Dana Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Tue Apr 14 14:42:26 GMT 1998

After a little experimentation and extrapolating from some Win '95 related
messages on the regular
list, I think I've determined that Windows NT's "automatic" policy mode
does not work with Samba.
I don't quite understand this, because according to MS's guides, the
Automatic mode just looks in \\PDC\NETLOGON\NTconfig.pol for the policy.
However, when you switch to manual mode (e.g., pre-hack the registry) and
specify this path, all is well.  Go figure.  My only guess is that maybe
it has something to do with case-sensitivity, but I tried every reasonable
variation of case as well.  Is this worth listing as a bug?  If for no
other reason than to keep others from wasting an entire day trying to
figure this out?

Thanks