Profiles & Policies

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at regent.push.net
Mon Apr 13 16:30:52 GMT 1998

dana,

don't know about the nt srv / nt wks login differences, and i've never
successfully used NTconfig.POL files.

the question below, however, is easy.  you set up an smb.conf file with
"include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%some_suitable_macro" where
some_suitable_macro is by NIS netgroup; by user group etc (see smb.conf
for suitable %substs).

in the new (included) file, you add another share.  only users logging in
from a specific machine, or only specific users (whatever substitution you
choose) will see those smb.conf.something options.

luke