A question about NT Domains

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Fri Apr 10 08:47:03 GMT 1998

Ed Bradford wrote:

> My understanding  is that applications (Netscape, IE, etc) are supposed to
> install all the default settings into the
> "default user" profile. Then when IE executes for the first time, it copies all

Basicly no. The Default User profile (especially it's registry hive NTUser.DAT)
is not that easily accessible. It is only used when a new user who does not have
a profile yet, logs into the system for the first time (or anytime a member of the
GUEST groups logs into the system). The DEFAULT branch visible under HKEY_USERS
is not related to the Default User profile.

--
Wolfgang Ratzka (per Modem von zu Hause)
--Where do you want to go tomorrow?