A question about NT Domains

Ed Bradford egb at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 9 21:59:14 GMT 1998

My understanding  is that applications (Netscape, IE, etc) are supposed to
install all the default settings into the
"default user" profile. Then when IE executes for the first time, it copies all
the default user settings into a new location for the new user (in the user's
profile). When the user subsequently modifies stuff it is saved in the user's
profile, not the default user's profile. Those are the Microsoft
recommendations. Policy can override by disallowing a save operation. Paul, of
course, will correct me if I am wrong.

Ed Bradford
---------------------- Forwarded by Ed Bradford/Raleigh/IBM on 04/09/98 06:49 PM

samba-ntdom at samba.anu.edu.au on 04/09/98 01:22:31 PM