Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Apr 8 22:39:35 GMT 1998
[unreliable email system being used at the moment!]
great: an on-line wish list. can you put:
5) some of these commands exist in smbclient: nltest.exe is the basis for
causing various such commands from the NT side, from which packet traces
can be generated.
the net.exe command also generates some dce/rpc commands.
7) fix the long dce/rpc packet format, which usually involves one SMBtrans
followed by several SMBreadX calls.
8) investigate "long share names" - over 12 characters in length
9) get PDC functionality (domain logons for NT 3.51 / NT 4.0) working /
verified as working.
2) priority: low
3) priority: medium (because there is an interim manual "fix").
4) and \PIPE\spoolss.
call for assistance / reference to instructions on how to do this. gerry,
can you put this in your FAQ: how to install netmon.exe; where to get it
(SMS or local version); where to send .CAP files (samba-bugs); caveats:
only use test user accounts, or for the really paranoid don't send
anything from a production server / network.
3) this is already partly done, by jeremy!
4) NT user password changes.
5) NT machine account password changes
6) DFS (distributed file system) dce/rpc admin calls.
luke (not sure which email address i live at, right now...)
More information about the samba-ntdom