A question about NT Domains

William Stuart william at hae.com
Wed Apr 8 19:17:14 GMT 1998

There is no way to get an NT machine to be a member of two domains.  I
believe you can get an NT machine to log into two different domains if
the domains have a trust relationship.

You should probably create one domain, then limit access to each server
via user groups.

REMEMBER:  Microsoft operates on the philosophy of one person, one
computer, using and accessing all Microsoft software.  Very little
has been done by Microsoft to accommodate multiple users using the same
computer; just as very little has been done to interconnect NT with any
other system (thus SAMBA).

Don't look for any improvements in this arena in the future either.  It
looks like NT 5 was built around this philosophy as well.

William