net users /domain vs. user mgr for domains

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Apr 7 16:25:33 GMT 1998

Found this interesting thing.

'net user /domain' correctly lists all users ( about 125 ) in the
smbpasswd file on the samba PDC while the "User Manager for Domains"
gives the RPC failure.  I know the RPC code will bomb for more than 8 or
so users but even then it would list the same user multiple times.

Just found this interesting.  I'm not sure what other stuff work from
the command line right now but will keep poking around.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )