Samba NTDOM under solaris 2.6

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Apr 6 16:44:39 GMT 1998

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Gerald W. Carter wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > jerry (carter!),
> >
> > can you add this one into your FAQ?  that's two people in the last few
> > weeks with mis-configured subnet masks.  this is the most common problem
> > that another large CIFS vendor had, so much so that they put in code to
> > disconnect the network at installation time and reconnect with various
> > subnet masks looking for incorrectly configured Win95 and NT machines!
> >
> > luke
>
> Will do.

ta!

> One more question regarding the FAQ.  I know there are a few issues left
> to resolve with merging the BRANCH_NTDOM and MAIN samba code ( smbclient
> is the only one I can think of right now ).  For this reason I have held
> off changing the information about downloading the latest source code
> via cvs.

hm.

the BRANCH_NTDOM version of smbclient is really only for test purposes /
other purposes, although there are some topological changes that i
_really_ don't want to see lost.

if anyone wants to do nt login tests, or write some awk or perl scripts
(update smb2www for example) then use (at the moment) BRANCH_NTDOM
smbclient.  otherwise, use the main branch version.

> When do you want to change the reference from BRANCH_NTDOM to the main
> samba branch?

oh, about now would do :)

ta jerry!

luke