Problems finding Domain.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sat Apr 4 16:18:13 GMT 1998

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Gerald W. Carter wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, CURRIE KEVIN wrote:
>
> > 	However, we are now having trouble browsing anything other that
> > the domain that samba is serving.  This is a far less critical problem for
> > us, but still rather annoying.  Is there any way to samba to go scavenging
> > across subnets to find other master browsers/wins servers and get their
> > information?
>
> I've CC'd this message to the regular samba list.  More of a browsing
> issue.  Might want to look at "remote announce" in the smb.conf man page.
> Seems to remember something about this parameter being outdated though.
> Could someone help me out on this one?

the remote announce option is a... pain in the neck, shall we say?  jerry,
i think you might be right: i think it _could_ be used to achieve the
desired results.  it could equally be used incorrectly, and i would only
advise people to use this option if they fully understand microsoft
browsing.

lukes