errors on nt domain controler

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Apr 2 21:54:44 GMT 1998

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, David Hamm wrote:

> On samba ver 1.9.17p2 RedHat 4.2 I have changed my config so I can participate
> in the NT domain.  Now on our NT domain server we are getting the following
> error.
>
> The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer DAVIDHSP
> C that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_
> El90x1. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.
>
> Below is a list of the config params from smb.conf that I think are pertinent.
> I must be wrong though.  Could any one help?
>
> workgroup = itserve
> security = server
> password server = itadmin
> os level = 20
> ;   domain master =  no
> domain controller = itadmin
> domain logons = yes

David,

You'll probably get more help on this type of issue from the normal samba
list.  Main purpose of this one is deal to deal with issues related to
Samba acting as a PDC.

However, if both the NT server and the samba server are on the same subnet
try adding 'local master = no'.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )