errors on nt domain controler

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Thu Apr 2 19:03:07 GMT 1998

On samba ver 1.9.17p2 RedHat 4.2 I have changed my config so I can participate
in the NT domain.  Now on our NT domain server we are getting the following
error.

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer DAVIDHSP
C that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_
El90x1. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

Below is a list of the config params from smb.conf that I think are pertinent.
I must be wrong though.  Could any one help?

workgroup = itserve
security = server
password server = itadmin
os level = 20