NTDOM support in main branch

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 1 06:50:17 GMT 1998

> : Yes, it does mean you no longer need to acquire arcfour
> : separately.
>
> And what about export restrictions in the US, do they still apply?

Jeremy and I believe that what is currently in the CVS tree is
exportable from the US. (yes, we have some legal reasons/opinions to
back that up but they are a bit complex to describe here). What is in
the tree is not a full arcfour implementation but it is sufficient for
the NT domain code.

This means that the next major release of Samba (ie. not just patch
releases) will be able to do NT domain logons "out of the box".

Cheers, Andrew