[Samba-it] problem exploring network from win98

agenteo outerheaven.liste at tiscali.it
Thu Jul 22 17:31:01 MDT 2004

Hi,
if I logon in the domain (samba3 acting as PDC on debian stable) from a
win2kp client (netbios name manually added to the server) with user A, I
see H: in "My computer" it's the user home on the samba server. When I
go in network resources there are the domain PCs.

Same procedure but from the win98 client, I don't see H (is the only way
I0ve find is to write net use h: etc... in a logon script) and I can't
browse the domain and see the others PCs... I've got an error if I try
it!
And (on w2kp and w98) I haven't a share command if I right click on a
directory...
This is my smb.conf file:

[global]
        workgroup = UNIVERSE
        netbios name = SATURN
        server string = Samba PDC - Versione %v
        #socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192
SO_RCVBUF=8192

        os level = 64
        preferred master = yes
        local master = yes
        domain master = yes

        security = user
        encrypt passwords = yes

        domain logons = yes
        hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines
-s /bin/false -M %u
        add user script = /usr/bin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
/bin/false -M %u

        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        log level = 2
        max log size = 50