[Samba-it] samba e autocad

stwe stwe at stwe.org
Fri Jun 6 00:05:01 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco De Vitis" <marco.dvv at libero.it>
To: "stwe" <samba-it at xsec.it>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Samba-it] samba e autocad

> Hello stwe, on 05/06/2003 at 22.11 you wrote:
>
> s> la versione di autocad è quella che danno assieme a SPAC automazione un
>
> E quindi, che versione di AutoCAD è? Se guardi la finestra di
> informazioni del programma, che versione è indicata?
>
> s> Ho dimenticato di dire che dopo tre settimane questa ditta mi ha
risposto
> s> che con il loro applicativo non sono mai riusciti a utilizzare SAMBA e
> s> Linux.
>
> Uhm, ma questo è collegato al tuo problema?
> Cioè: tu hai un problema con questo SPAC, oppure con AutoCAD nudo e
> crudo? E la ditta dice di non essere mai riuscita a usare su Samba
> questo SPAC, oppure parla anche lei di AutoCAD?
>
> s> Ora per quanto riguarda Linux la versione è Red Hat 8.0 ma non la ho
>
> Questo non ha molta importanza (io uso Mandrake 9.0), è importante
> soprattutto sapere la versione di Samba; se hai accesso alla macchina
> Linux, come mi sembra di capire, non dovresti avere problemi a capire
> che versione di Samba è installata.
>
> s> Invece per quanto rigurada il problema: ogni tanto windowz clessidra
senza
> s> motivo oppure alla richiesta di un comando ci mette un mese... però ho
> s> notato che alle volte il problema si verifica anche con Word, ma non
gli ho

> Troppo poco per capirci qualcosa... da queste poche indicazioni
> potrebbe anche essere semplicemente un problema della rete,
> congestionata o malandata...
>
> Al limite facci vedere l'intero file smb.conf, magari salta all'occhio
> qualcosa di strano.
>
> s> Il server secondo me è adeguato ovvero:
> s> Caratteristiche tecniche :
> s> Processore :                          Intel Pentium IV 2,4 Ghz
> s> RAM :                                   512 Mb
>
> Molto simile a quello che uso io, e va alla grande, quindi non
> dovrebbe essere questo il problema. :)
>
> Ciao,
>   Marco.
> --
> ..."Grace", Jeff Buckley 1994

[global]

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = REM

# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
   server string = Server

# This option is important for security. It allows you to restrict
# connections to machines which are on your local network. The
# following example restricts access to two C class networks and
# the "loopback" interface. For more examples of the syntax see
# the smb.conf man page
#   hosts allow = 192.168.1. 192.168.2. 127.
hosts allow = 192.168.1.

# if you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

# It should not be necessary to spell out the print system type unless
# yours is non-standard. Currently supported print systems include:
# bsd, sysv, plp, lprng, aix, hpux, qnx
   printing = lprng

# this tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine
# that connects
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
   max log size = 0

# Security mode. Most people will want user level security. See
# security_level.txt for details.
   security = user

# You may wish to use password encryption. Please read
# ENCRYPTION.txt, Win95.txt and WinNT.txt in the Samba documentation.
# Do not enable this option unless you have read those documents
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

# The following are needed to allow password changing from Windows to
# update the Linux system password also.
# NOTE: Use these with 'encrypt passwords' and 'smb passwd file' above.
# NOTE2: You do NOT need these to allow workstations to change only
#        the encrypted SMB passwords. They allow the Unix password
#        to be kept in sync with the SMB password.
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n

# You can use PAM's password change control flag for Samba. If
# enabled, then PAM will be used for password changes when requested
# by an SMB client instead of the program listed in passwd program.
# It should be possible to enable this without changing your passwd
# chat parameter for most setups.

   pam password change = yes

# This parameter will control whether or not Samba should obey PAM's
# account and session management directives. The default behavior is
# to use PAM for clear text authentication only and to ignore any
# account or session management. Note that Samba always ignores PAM
# for authentication in the case of encrypt passwords = yes

  obey pam restrictions = yes

# Most people will find that this option gives better performance.
# See speed.txt and the manual pages for details

# DNS Proxy - tells Samba whether or not to try to resolve NetBIOS names
# via DNS nslookups. The built-in default for versions 1.9.17 is yes,
# this has been changed in version 1.9.18 to no.
   dns proxy = no

create mode = 0777

directory mode = 0777

==============================
[Copernico]
   comment = Area Dati Copernico
   path = /home/dati/daticope
   browseable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0777
   directory mode = 0777
   valid users = contabilita1, contabilita2, gismondo, elvio

[Comune]
   comment = Area Comune
   path = /home/dati/comune
   browseable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0777
   directory mode = 0777

[Documenti]
   comment = Area Documenti
   path = /home/dati/documenti
   browseable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0777
   directory mode = 0777

[Contabilita]
   comment = Area Dati Contabilita
   path = /home/dati/contabilita
   browseable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0777
   directory mode = 0777
   valid users = contabilita1, contabilita2, gismondo, elvio

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

questo è il file originale da cui ho eliminato gran parte dei commenti
ovvero credo abbiano modificato solo il file originale assieme a Red Hat,
per le altre informazioni posso dartele solo domattina, non il server a
portata di mano.
grazie infinite per l'interessamento
stwe