samba access methods for a portal

Michael Alaimo ratfinklelinkle at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 16:06:54 GMT 2003

Hello Samba Community,

I am interested in creating a very basic samba portal via the web.  It will entail, thus far, a
login page as well as be able to display the users home directory.  I am doing this along
with one of my teachers in school, and any help would be appreciated.  I want to write
the site using PHP. What are the methods used to call the login, password and home dicrectories.  Could someone please direct me to some sort of documentation which
would help me on this project?
I also saw that there is an application called samba2www, i believe.  I have not  had a chance to look at it yet, but I am pretty sure this is something similar to what I want to
do.  I still however would like to create one, and not use theirs.

Thank You
Michael Alaimo