SAMBA-"the network path was not found"

Gulten Saglam gsaglam at dinetz.ca
Wed Mar 19 14:36:20 GMT 2003

Hello,
I am using Samba RPM package in 7.2 RedHat. Samba server is in a workgroup and I can see the server in My Network Places from a Windows client, however, I cannot see any shares.
The TCP/IP configured via hosts/lmhosts file on both machines and PING works.
On the Windows machine I get "\\server_name is not accessible the network path was not found"

I have done some diagnostic test on Linux, including connecting to the samba server and viewing the shares, it works, however, nmblookup command does not work.
E.g. nmblookup -B ACLIENT '*'  or nmblookup -d 2 '*' would fail the name query. Both smbd and nmbd daemons are running, I could not pin point the problem.

Has anyone encountered the problem and find a solution for it?
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.