GLASS in "The Samba Team announces Samba 3.0.0 beta3"

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Thu Jul 17 18:54:44 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:58:30AM -0700, Matt Seitz wrote:
> The Samba web site contains "The Samba Team announces Samba 3.0.0
> beta3".  This document includes a section titled "Trust Relationships
> and a Samba Domain".  I was confused by the following lines in that
> section:
>
> "2) connect the trust from the Samba domain using
>      'net rpc trustdom establish GLASS'
>
> To create a trustlationship[sic] with SAMBA as the trusted domain:
>
>   1) create the initial trust account for GLASS using
>      'smbpasswd -a -i GLASS'.  You may need to create a UNIX
>      account for GLASS$ prior to this step (depending on your
>      local configuration)."
>
> What does "GLASS" represent?

It's sample name of the remote domain. You can call it MILKYWAY,
OFFICE and DOMAIN as well. It is aritrary name the administrator
of the remote name gave her while installing primary domain controller.

BTW, this question better fits to general questions mailing list
(samba at lists.samba.org)

cheers,
--
 Rafal Szczesniak      mimir[at]diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
 Samba Team member     mimir[at]samba.org