Unclear statement in 2.2 PDC howto

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Thu Sep 5 09:33:52 GMT 2002

* Gerald Carter <jerry at samba.org> [04/09/02, 09:39:04]:

> > You should add a note that for Win2k, there _has_ to be a add user script.
>
> No there doesn't.  If the UNIX account already exists, then there is no
> add user script needed.

As I mentioned, with my setup, it wouldn't work otherwise. I'm setting up a
2.2.5 box atm, so I'll try it there again. If this is due to some
incompatibility on my side, I'm sorry.

> Right.  This is what I mentioned above. Note sure what is confusing
> here....

Well, if you have the unix username, and Win2k fails with a "RPC failed"
error, that's confusing :)

As I said, if this was a bogus, I'm sorry. I'll send a notice as soon as I
checked it.

> cheers, jerry

Thanks, Kai

--
Kai Blin, private email
Never face facts; if you do you'll never get up in the morning.