How to integrate i18n docs in HEAD branch

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.org
Wed Sep 26 18:32:36 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:
>Monyo,
>
>Sorry so late.

No problem :-)

>Most of the current documentation distribution is designed around
>our current release process.  I think we should split the docs
>out into a separate package with a separate (but corresponding
>release schedule).  It makes no sense to install polish, japanese,
>and other languages for most systems (and vice versa).
>
>Any thoughts on this

I agree,

>(i'm having serious deja-vu here).

And it's time to decide:-)

1. we should split the docs out into a separate archive.
  English documents is not seperated.

2. if we can, create a separate cvs module for docs alone and start
  over.

3. if we want to install i18n documents,
  we extract the i18n documents archive and put into
  docs/$ln/{htmldocs,manpages, ...}

4. install script automatically discover the docs/$ln if exists and
  install under them.

----
and outstanding matter...

I think we do not need to include docbook source itself in the Samba
archive.

Or how we have the documents into CVS?

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org