Samba Troubleshooting Guide

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Sep 26 16:00:32 GMT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Green, Paul wrote:

> Since Samba is covered by the GPL, I have decided to apply the GNU
> Documentation License to this material. I hope this is acceptable to
> everyone; if not, I'd like to know what issues this creates for
> people.
>
> Please see
> ftp://ftp.stratus.com/pub/vos/customers/samba/SAMBA_Troubleshooting.rtf.
>
> Oh, and when you see the term "VOS", think "Unix" or "POSIX-compliant
> OS". Since my target audience is VOS customers, I haven't attempted to
> be generic...and this info is for Samba 2.0.7, which is the current
> version we are using.

Paul,

I'll review this, but it will be week or so before I can get to it.
Since it is based on Samba 2.0.x, maybe it would be a better idea to link
it from samba.org (under the documentation page), rather than including
it in the 2.2 distribution.  What do you think about this.

Thanks for putting time into this.  Every one's contributions help.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org