How to integrate i18n docs in HEAD branch

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.gr.jp
Thu Sep 20 19:55:48 GMT 2001

Jerry,

To support SWAT i18n, we can determine where to put i18n documents in
the source archive.

There are several kind of documents.

1. translation of swat/{help,images,included}
  At samba-technical, I proposed swat/$ln/{help,images,included}.

Deniz Akkus Kanca wrote:
>> In Samba Japanese Edition, we put them at
>> swat/$ln/{help,images,include}. Is this OK?
>
>Yes, this directory structure looks OK.

  Another solution is to put swat/lang/$ln/{help,images,included}.
  The following is mentioned about where to install, not where to put
  in source archive, but it may be usefull to adjust the directory
  tree.

Andrew Tridgell wrote:
>One request though - I think we should have a "lang" subdirectory for
>languages. For example the ja Samba currently uses /swat/ja/ for the
>Japanese SWAT templates, whereas I think we should probably use
>/swat/lang/ja. That will scale a little better when we eventually get
>dozens of languages in there.

2. translation of docs/{html,text}docs and docs/manpages

  I know Jerry put the Polish SGML files under docbook dir, but for
  installation we need only html and man page (and some text) files.

  We need to have docs of these formats because I think we should not
  assume that DOCBOOK - html and man page converter is always
  installed on the platform.

  docs/$ln/{htmldocs,manpages,faq,textdocs} or
  docs/{htmldocs,manpages,faq,textdocs} are considerable?

  Of course there should be a discussion whether the Samba archive
  includes these i18n'ed documentations as I mentioned before, but
  we can discuss it later.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Personal - http://home.monyo.com/