Xinetd doesn't work, not documented

Deans, Glenn Glenn.Deans at sea.siemens.com
Mon Sep 10 20:32:57 GMT 2001

I just spent several days trying to get Samba up and running and finally
found the problem.  On my RH7 I had xinetd installed and for some reason was
preventing Samba from working.  Once I removed the rpm it started working
fine.  The RH blurb said xinetd was an improved version of inetd.  Being a
newbie I figured ping is ping and if it works better then its less trouble
for me.  -- Wrong.

Wish someone would add this little tidbit to the docs.

Glenn
"Tis not too late to seek a newer world."
  - Alfred, Lord Tennyson