Disabling roaming profiles

Shanker Balan shanu at exocore.com
Tue Nov 13 04:55:36 GMT 2001

Hello:

<FAQ>

Q. How do i disable roaming profiles for users?

A. Roaming profiles can be disabled on the Samba server by leaving the
following two options undefined in your smb.conf. Do not comment them
out entirely, instead just leave them unassigned.

	# logon path = \\%N\%U\profile
	# logon home = \\%N\%U
	logon path =
	logon home =

Only local profiles will now be maintained for users. (Under NT 4.x, you
can verify this by viewing the "User Profiles" tab under "System
Properties". If you try changing the profile type, you should find only
"Local Profile" listed)

</FAQ>

I hope that the above is technically correct! :)

Since this is an often question on the Samba lists and is a feature that
I use in my environment a lot, it would be great if the FAQ maintainers
add this to the Samba FAQ and a mention of the same be made in the
Samba-HOWTO-Collection under the "Configuration Instructions: Setting up
Roaming User Profiles" heading.

Thank you for your time.

--
Han Solo:
	I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big