problems in Samba documents

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Nov 2 05:56:20 GMT 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, meaculpa wrote:

> Hi, folks:
>
> I have the chinese(PRC) version of samba man page up to v2.2.0 as
> follwing:

Great!

> ===============
[...]
> swat.8
> testparm.1
> testprns.1
> ===============
> But, those are plain text unix(cr/lf) format cause I do it under
> windowz. So, I want to know what I should to do? Commit to
> samba-docs?

Hmmm... I'm afraid the docs need to be converted to DocBook/SGML in
order to be actually useful. Our previous experiences found it to
commonly end up as a big craft :-/

What do you think Jerry ?

> ps, Samba-HOWTO-Collection traslating in progress...

If you just started, then do your work in DocBook. You'll avoid the
trouble you have now. Don't worry about cr/lf issues -- it's not the
worst problem.

> Have fun!
> http://meaculpa.yeah.net
> http://www.cmpp.net (Chinese Man Pages Project)