international documentation on Samba Web site

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Aug 24 21:52:03 GMT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Tim Potter wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 04:10:46PM +0200, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>
> > Could we, please, think over putting international
> > documentation (I mean: man pages, as for now) on Samba web
> > site.
> > It will be packaged and distributed with HEAD when it becomes
> > 3.0. I know that. Work is in progress, but until then we
> > could possibly make it available for users now.
> > What do you think about that, guys ?
>
> Sounds great - when you have something to put up let me know and I'll
> add it to the website.

But I already have job completed. I've finished my polish
translation (and converted to DocBook) about month ago ! :)

Jerry keeps safe my work for 2.2.0, 2.2.1 and for current
CVS. So, it is, it exist and I'll try to send you the html
files tomorrow.
It's nice to hear what you said, 'cause it looks like my
work doesn't have to wait till 3.0 release.

Now, I intend to translate the HOWTO documents and, possibly
the rest of the docs/ stuff.
I've been thinking also about writing something like
"Samba User's-, Administrator's-, and Developer's guide"
since we really need better documentation (that was always
Samba's disadvantage). However I'm still too stupid to write
the last one (the most interesting for me) because while
studying the code and captured packets many, many questions
arise... :-(

cheers,

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /