OK, FORGET ABOUT INTL DOCUMENTATION !

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Aug 9 18:34:31 GMT 2001

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

> I know you've been working on other things (as well as the
> other ST members). I regularly trace technical and docs
> lists. A translations needs constant update and mine are not
> the exception of this rule. You probably receive updated
> versions on these days.

Not an excuse though.  I should have responded earlier.
I'm sorry.

> The problem is we actually don't have any kind of a
> framework that could make it useable for the community. I
> proposed something I think might be reasonable, but I
> received zero comments. No "Interesting, and how about
> modifying this ...", and no "It's a rubbish. Give it up and
> focus on coding.". Nothing. That's what made me sad.

This list is too quiet for this kind of stuff.  Let's
do this.  Repost you proposal to samba-technical and let's
follow up there, ok? I'm hoping we'll get a better response
and can come up with a good framework.

> OK. It's your move. As I mentioned before, I don't want to
> start anything without coordination with the team.
> Besides I've read and analysed samba source code so that I
> can start coding further features for Samba, anyway.

Wonderful :-)  That is good news :) :)

cheers, jerry
 www.valinux.com         VA Linux Systems       gcarter_at_valinux.com
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org