Will, Natalie D SITI-ISEP-3
Natalie.D.Will at is.shell.com
Wed Aug 8 13:32:57 GMT 2001
In advance - apologies if i am using this mailing list incorrectly... Pls
advise if so...
Can anyone help. The company I work for is looking to advise another
company on switching to SAMBA. The company in question presently has its
data sitting on a NT infrastructure and they are looking to switch to UNIX
disks using samba (SOLARIS operating system).
The sort of information i am looking for is:
* Is there another company out there that has done this?
* What are the implications of using SAMBA (advantages/disadvantages)
* How do you back up your data i.e. is data backed up to a nt server
* Potential problems with backups and restores.
* What are the support issues i.e. ease of support, possible
* Does anyone know of any benchmarking information.
* Do any particular versions of SAMBA run off particular clients (i.e.
* Further advice/info that I have missed.
Can anyone assist or point/send me to the appropriate documentation?
More information about the samba-docs