assistance required

Will, Natalie D SITI-ISEP-3 Natalie.D.Will at is.shell.com
Wed Aug 8 13:32:57 GMT 2001

Hi,

In advance - apologies if i am using this mailing list incorrectly... Pls
advise if so...

Can anyone help.  The company I work for is looking to advise another
company on switching to SAMBA.  The company in question presently has its
data sitting on a NT infrastructure and they are looking to switch to UNIX
disks using samba (SOLARIS operating system).

The sort of information i am looking for is:

*	Is there another company out there that has done this?
*	What are the implications of using SAMBA (advantages/disadvantages)
*	How do you back up your data i.e. is data backed up to a nt server
or unix?
*	Potential problems with backups and restores.
*	What are the support issues i.e. ease of support, possible
complications.
*	Does anyone know of any benchmarking information.
*	Do any particular versions of SAMBA run off particular clients (i.e.
win2000/95/NT)
*	Further advice/info that I have missed.

Can anyone assist or point/send me to the appropriate documentation?
Thanks.
Natalie Will.