[Announce] Samba 4.19.5 Available for Download

Jule Anger janger at samba.org
Mon Feb 19 10:57:30 UTC 2024

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.19 release series.

Changes since 4.19.4
--------------------

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
    * BUG 13688: Windows 2016 fails to restore previous version of a
file from a
      shadow_copy2 snapshot.
    * BUG 15549: Symlinks on AIX are broken in 4.19 (and a few version
before
      that).

o  Bjoern Jacke <bj at sernet.de>
    * BUG 12421: Fake directory create times has no effect.

o  Björn Jacke <bjacke at samba.org>
    * BUG 15550: ctime mixed up with mtime by smbd.

o  David Mulder <dmulder at samba.org>
    * BUG 15548: samba-gpupdate --rsop fails if machine is not in a site.

o  Gabriel Nagy <gabriel.nagy at canonical.com>
    * BUG 15557: gpupdate: The root cert import when NDES is not
available is
      broken.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
    * BUG 15552: samba-gpupdate should print a useful message if
cepces-submit
      can't be found.
    * BUG 15558: samba-gpupdate logging doesn't work.

o  Jones Syue <jonessyue at qnap.com>
    * BUG 15555: smbpasswd reset permissions only if not 0600.

joining the #samba-technical:matrix.org matrix room, or
#samba-technical IRC channel on irc.libera.chat.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID AA99442FB680B620).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

         https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

         https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.19.5.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                         --Enjoy