[Announce] Samba 4.19.2 Available for Download

Jule Anger janger at samba.org
Mon Oct 16 14:27:04 UTC 2023

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.19 release series.

Changes since 4.19.1
--------------------

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 15423: Use-after-free in aio_del_req_from_fsp during smbd shutdown
      after failed IPC FSCTL_PIPE_TRANSCEIVE.
    * BUG 15426: clidfs.c do_connect() missing a "return" after a
cli_shutdown()
      call.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
    * BUG 15463: macOS mdfind returns only 50 results.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 15481: GETREALFILENAME_CACHE can modify incoming new filename with
      previous cache entry value.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 15464: libnss_winbind causes memory corruption since samba-4.18,
      impacts sendmail, zabbix, potentially more.

o  Martin Schwenke <mschwenke at ddn.com>
    * BUG 15479: ctdbd: setproctitle not initialized messages flooding logs.

o  Joseph Sutton <josephsutton at catalyst.net.nz>
    * BUG 15491: CVE-2023-5568 Heap buffer overflow with freshness
tokens in the
      Heimdal KDC in Samba 4.19
    * BUG 15477: The heimdal KDC doesn't detect s4u2self correctly when
fast is
      in use.

joining the #samba-technical:matrix.org matrix room, or
#samba-technical IRC channel on irc.libera.chat.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID AA99442FB680B620).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

         https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

         https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.19.2.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                         --Enjoy